Starting today I will be concentrating on this https://dojo.ministryoftesting.com/lessons/30-days-of-accessibility-testing and keeping mobile in mind. 🙂
Anybody doing the same?
Learnings for First day: Learn about the diversity of disabilities and the effects of aging.
- The diversity of web users – Auditory, Cognitive and neurological, Physical, Speech and Visual. Hmm, so many to look for. For aging follow the WAI’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines which covers all.
- Thanks to Ministry of testing DOJO for this curated list of accessibility tools – https://dojo.ministryoftesting.com/lessons/accessibility-apps
- Accessibility scanner for Android, a tool that suggests accessibility improvements for Android apps without requiring technical skills. Just open the app you want to scan, then tap the Accessibility Scanner button to find items in the app that might benefit from accessibility improvements. You can use this app to suggest changes to developers or to make changes yourself.
Today’s task – Use a tool like WAVE to scan a web page for accessibility problems.
I have used Accessibility scanner for Android to scan for the accessibility issues for each and every screen and these are the links which I found interesting today.
- A11ycasts with Rob Dodson – A youtube playlist which has a lot of info on Accessibility
- A few speaker deck links – a) Accessibility @ scale b) Accessibility is more than just supporting screenreaders
- Thanks to Big Nerd Ranch for this – Making Accessibility More Accessible, Part 1 and Making Accessibility More Accessible, Part 2
I just signed up on an interesting platform called 21.co.
If you haven’t heard of it, the most basic thing it does is allow people to get paid to answer questions.
I can help. Instead of hiring a full-time consultant or contractor, why not contact me on 21.co/armate?
You can ask me anything about:
test automation aka selenium/appium/Katalon/Macaca
quality assurance – Exploratory/Model Based/Functional/Regression
continuous integration or whatever
building and leading teams
If I feel I can’t answer in a way that will get you to the next step, I will try to connect to someone who can help. If I don’t, you don’t pay! Simple!
I’d be honored to help.
What do you think, want to give it a shot?